Retouching and editing your photographs can mean a lot in terms of the final result you get from them. When it comes to vacation, family or even party pictures, you can turn an ordinary image into an extraordinary one by only a few clicks. You may also find photo editing helpful in your business, since stunning pictures, portraying your products or services, will become more attractive to your customers and increase your sales.
One of the magical things about photo editing is that you are not restricted to only taking perfect photos in the moment, because with photo editing you can repair old photographs, as well as correcting unnecessary or annoying details in the photos that you could not get rid of, or did not notice, in the moment of taking it. Overall, better-looking pictures are the final aim, so you can deliver a specific thought or emotion every time someone looks at them. All of the above-mentioned benefits can be obtained with a respectable photo editing software.
The photo editor you choose will be the tool you use to do the best job possible. Therefore, it is important to choose the ones that fit your needs and expectations the best. Today, I want to talk a little about Adobe Photoshop Elements, as it may be a great tool for you and a good way for you to know a little about its main features. It is essential to mention that this is a brief summary of the Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018, so I encourage you to look up more information if you need it.
Organizing is crucial when you have many photographs on your computer. This is why your photo editor should be the best organizer to help you find the photos you need. This software offers many options in this area and can help you cover your various needs. Some of the main sorting features of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 are:
- Automatic sorting: sort your photographs by date, people, subject or place to get a better overview of your files.
- Auto Curate: you do not have to worry about curating your photographs to look for standouts anymore. The software will take care of that automatically.
- Smart Tags: the program suggests tags for your photographs so you can find them easily when you need them.
- Fix multiple photos at once: you can edit and enhance more than one photograph at a time by applying the same modifications to all of them.
- Enhanced searching: you can find all your photos by people, places, events and tags, so you save time when you are desperately searching for that one particular photograph.
Photo Editing Tools
The Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 provides you with a wide range of editing options, as well as quick guidelines about their functions and applications on their website – it is really helpful if you are not familiar with editing tools, or if you are not sure of which type of editing you need to make. I have listed some of the types of editing features below, so you can have a quick overview of the possibilities this program can provide you with and consider if it is the one for you:
- Background replacement: this can be done in seconds by selecting the main objects in the photo and add a different background setting
- Overlay effects: shape overlays with only one click.
- Give your photos a watercolor effect.
- Creating double exposures: by overlaying two different photos.
- Adding text to your pictures and giving them the finish you like.
- Photo painting: paint over your pictures and add details as desired.
- Creating collages of effects: adding multiple effects to your photos.
- Adding motion blur.
- Combining multiple shots into a single photo.
- Remixing and mashing-up of multiple photos.
- Customized frames.
- Getting panoramas from multiple photos.
These are the entry level options this software can offer you, but the guidelines on its website can lead you further in the adventure of more sophisticated and complex editing tools, so make sure to look them up if you are interested. You can find more information on the official Adobe website.
I hope this quick review helped you in your search for the perfect photo editor for your photos.